The objectives of the Council are as follows:
• To protect and represent the legitimate interests of members in matters of legislation, policies and procedures.
• To seek representation on Committees, Councils and Boards set up by government or non-governmental organizations concerning university education.
• To affiliate itself with international Associations and bodies involved in both public and private university education.
• To identify and study problems arising within university education and implement solutions in cooperation with relevant government agencies and professional bodies.
• To encourage and promote good practice, professionalism, quality and ethics among its members.
• To encourage increased contacts and sharing of resources among its members and the international academic world and create a strong educational system that would have a global recognition.
• To create modalities for the transfer of course credits by students from one member institution to another.