The Council has a Secretariat that is manned by an Executive Secretary. The Secretariat provides administrative services for the day-to-day running of the activities of the Council. The Council also has a Committee comprising the Registrars and Finance Officers of the various member institutions. The Committee of Registrars and Finance Officers (CRFO) perform an advisory role by assisting in the following areas:
• Initiate ideas for the consideration of the Council.
• Discuss and make recommendations to the Council on various matters referred to the CRFO by the Council. Examples of such issues may be:
o Memoranda/petitions from staff associations of member institutions.
o Matters affecting the mission or achievement of the educational objectives of member institutions.
• Study matters from bodies such as the Ministry of Education, National Council for Tertiary Education, etc. demanding the attention of the Council and submit a report on such discussions to them for further study.
• Explore the possibility of integrating the academic world with industry and make recommendations to the Council.
• Handle any other assignments given to it by the Council.